Enjoy Life and Make a Difference
From providing compassionate support for patients and their caregivers to helping with light clerical and administrative duties, our active hospice volunteers are an integral part of our interdisciplinary team.
Hospice volunteers support hospice patients and their families through companionship, assistance with errands, or providing respite time for the caregiver. Volunteers may also help with the clerical duties of HGI by providing support for the administration or bereavement departments. In addition, volunteers can work outside in our gardens on our beautiful 11-acre campus.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Project a professional manner while acting as a representative of Hospice of the Golden Isles
- Promptly document hours of service for the mandated monthly cost saving reports
- Attend four in-services each year
- Consult with the Volunteer Coordinator regarding any Hospice questions
Before an applicant begins volunteering, they must complete appropriate training and orientation. Volunteers work under the supervision of the Volunteer Coordinator and their work is reviewed on an ongoing basis.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at (912) 265-4735, who will schedule an interview, discuss the required training, and take you on a tour of our facilities.